Wednesday 12 March 2014

My Top 5 Nail Polishes


If there is one thing I struggle with it is keeping my nail polish seasonal (I also struggle with algebra and shopping impulse control but that's off topic). I tend to wear whatever I want whenever I want, even when I end up feeling a little silly for wearing black nail polish over Christmas time. I have five nail polishes that I keep going back to time and time again, so I thought I would share these with you. 


This Essie nail polish in Saturday Disco Fever is the newest addition to my hall of fame, but I think it's going to be around for a while. Though I have only had it a few weeks (See the haul from when I bought it HERE) I have worn it multiple times and gotten some good reactions from friends. It is the brightest/ most out there polish I wear on a regular basis and wearing it gives me some extreme finger confidence...is that a thing? 


Ah Revlon Colorstay in Bold Sangria, my old love. This colour has graced my nails more than any other I own and it gets complimented every time, even by friends who should have seen it hundreds of times before. This is a really deep purple in real life, though it comes up more red on camera, and it compliments all outfits I try. 


As the most ladylike colour on this list, I paint my nails with O.P.I Mad About You when I'm feeling a little fancy. If I have a tea in the garden to attend you can be assured that I will be wearing this colour - not that I have ever gone to a tea in the garden. The most endearing quality of this polish is that it makes me look tanned, which is basically impossible because I often look as though I am Casper the friendly ghost's baby sister. 


Until I really gave the bottle a good look for this post I did not realise that this was an O.P.I product, I thought it was Sephora's own brand. You learn something new every day. This Sephora by O.P.I polish in Frankly, I Don't Give A-dam is my safety colour: grey. If I am ever in doubt over what to wear, I go straight to my grey things. It's not the most interesting colour,  sometimes you need your nails to be subtle. This was actually a gift friends gave my Grandma, but since it's not the most Grandma-y colour she passed it on to me. Thanks for this one Nan, I've become quite attached to it! 


Do You Lilac It? This O.P.I polish is a slap it on and go shade. I can put this on and feel comfortable and confident that it's not going to chip or look overpowering (unlike that little Essie polish peeking over her shoulder, trying to steal the spotlight). This was the first O.P.I polish I owned and I couldn't think of a better start. 

What's your favourite nail polish? I'm willing to add another spot in my hall of fame if I find the perfect new shade and formula. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon xo 

If you would like to follow me on Twitter click HERE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig