Saturday 19 April 2014

Holiday Cooking: Easter


When I was trying to find a chocolatey Easter treat I was looking for something with real wow factor. I scoured pages and pages of chocolate creations: easter baskets made from tempered chocolate filled with home made filled eggs, easter bunnies crafted out of modeling chocolate and chocolate filled molten chocolate puddings. I got so caught up in these masterpieces that I could never recreate to their full glory that I almost missed what was right in front of my. My signature dish if you will. Classic, delicious and easy chocolate brownies. Take my word for it, this is the best recipe you will ever try. 

Ingredients: 

  • 90g Milk Chocolate Chips
  • 25g Butter
  • 150g Plain Flour 
  • 15g Cocoa 
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • Pinch of Salt 
  • 2 Eggs 
  • 300g Brown Sugar (I know it sounds like a heap, but it’s what gives the fudgy texture and yummy flavor) 
  • 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract 

Method: 

Before you start make sure you pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius! 

  1. Put chocolate chips and chopped up butter into a microwave proof container and microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after every round, until melted and shiny. This should take somewhere between 60 and 90 seconds depending on the microwave and the temperature of ingredients. Once it is melted, set it aside to cool. 
  2. Combine sieved flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside. 
  3. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk together lightly with a fork (this step can be skipped if you are confident that you won’t get any shell into the mixture)
  4. Pour eggs into a bowl with the sugar and vanilla extract and combine with a wooden spoon. 
  5. Mix all three of the separate components together. I usually start by combining the wet chocolate and egg mixtures together and then adding them to the dry flour one but you can do it however you see fit. 
  6. Pour the batter into a lined and greased slice pan and cook for 20-25 minutes in the oven.*

*****MAJOR TIP: Though I make them all the time, I still stuff these brownies up sometimes by being an eager beaver who loves warm baked goods. You need to leave the brownies in the pan until they cool completely, preferably overnight or for a good few hours. If you don’t do this it will fall apart into a big hot greasy mess when you’re trying to turn it out and you will cry. 

These brownies are my favourite thing ever and I highly suggest you try them yourself. If you do make sure you comment or tweet me to tell me how it goes! 

Lots of Love, 


Shannon xo

Follow me on Twitter HERE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig