Thursday 22 May 2014

My New Product for Faking the Brows




While I was shopping on ASOS recently I couldn't help but stop by the beauty page. I've been looking for a new option for my brows instead of stealing my Mum's old Estee Lauder eyebrow pencil, and I stumbled across this Pixi Natural Brow Duo in Medium Brown. Now it's time to share my deepest darkest secret, I have invisible eyebrows. My eyebrow hairs are so increadibly blonde that they've passed that point and moved straight into translucent. Even with tinted eyebrows they're not much chop. My problem with drawing my eyebrows in has always been that it is too dramatic of a difference, going from no eyebrows to a strong eyebrow game is a big jump. This set is perfect for me because it looks super natural but still fills them in and gives them some colour. 

I start by filling in my brows with the pencil end. This takes some time because the pencil does not give off colour very easily so you have to build it up (I had to press really hard to get the swatch as dark as it is). This is a good thing for me as it decreases my risk of majorly stuffing it up. I finish them off by going over with the tinted brow gel. I love the teeny tiny brush because it's so adorable, but the actual gel itself is nothing to write home about. I couldn't even tell it was tinted until I put it onto the white paper, even on my hand it appeared clear. I was hoping this would be Benefit Gimme Brow-esque but it doesn't really do terribly much. I continue to use it because I think it helps my brows stay in place longer and it doesn't leave them crunchy. Basically I wish it wasn't sold as 'tinted' because the tint does nothing. 

This is a really good, and very affordable, brow duo. I'm sure there are better products on the market but if you are new to the whole filling in your eyebrows thing this could be good to try. It also comes in a darker shade for those more gifted in the eyebrow department than myself. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 

Follow me on all of the sites listed up on the right! I put the new buttons up there all on my own using html code and I am so proud, I feel like a sudden computer genius (I may have just copied and pasted the code shhh, no one needs to know). 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig