Tuesday 22 July 2014

Trends to Try




Kimono By Love | Moto Denim Short Dungarees | Mix Tribal Print Jersey Tapered Trousers | Palm Print Crop Top | Garden Print Crop Overlay Sundress | 



Kimono By Love | Moto Short Denim Dungarees | Aztec Side Stripe Jersey Tapered Trousers | Rib Crop Tee | Penny Dress By Motel

It is about this time every season that I get bored and start wishing for the next. I am finding myself looking lovingly at Summer videos and trauling the likes of ASOS and Topshop for spring-time ware. This is something I know I shouldn't be doing, it's only half way through winter, but I can't stop myself. I know that during Summer I will be looking at knit jumpers like the love heart eyes emoji. 

All of this online window shopping has gotten me thinking about my own personal style. Or more so my lack of one. I don't really have a specific look that I stick to, which I think is totally fine because it gives me room to try out new things. This realisation has inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and set myself a goal to try 5 new trends before the year ends. Here are the ones I want to try and why: 

Croptops
Don't tell me. They've been in for AGES. I know. The thing is, I've always been a bit scared of the good old crop top. They look fabulous on really fashionable people but they can ere on the side of trashy if you don't go about it properly. In the fear of looking trashy, I have barely dipped my toe in the crop top water. This year that will change because I'm going to invest in some nice ones and some high waisted bottoms to pair them with. 

Dungarees/ Overalls 
All the cool kids seem to be sporting dungarees (or as I call them, overalls, long or short) nowadays, so I figured I should jump on the bandwagon. They're super cute with a crop top underneath, two trends in one?! Oh yeah. 

Day Dresses 
This isn't so much a specific trend as a thing that almost everyone bar me does all the time. I never think to wear a dress on a day to day basis, I always associate them with special occasions. I often hate wearing denim shorts during spring/summer because my butt hangs out and they're uncomfortable, so I'm going to start sporting dresses some more! 

Pyjama-Look Pants
These are out of my comfort zone but they look so comfy that I'm just going to have to get used to wearing them out of the house. 

Kimonos 
They're not quite jackets but they cover you up more than just wearing a singlet. These are so pretty and girly but they are also practical when warmer days become slightly cooler nights. I also love the idea of dressing a boring outfit up with a bright floral kimono. 

I'm going to make a few investments and try these trends. What is the trend you are looking forward to trying? 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig