Tuesday 30 September 2014

Top 5 Spring Lip Products



Here in Australia, it is heading into Spring and that means breaking out the vibrant lip products. I've been going through my collection and I have found the five lip products I'm most excited to wear this spring. 

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Tutti Fruitti 
The lip butters are some of my favourites, they're subtle and moisturising while still injecting a bit of colour into a look. While most of these colours fall into a shade of pink, this one is a light orange colour. I don't really know how I feel about orange lip shades just yet, I feel that I may be a bit too pale and they might make my teeth look really yellow, but I'm still excited to give it a go and see how I can make it work. I know orange lips are on trend and I think this might be a good entry level product. 

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Unapologetic 
I've spoken about this before and it's back now that the weather is picking up. This product is insane, it's super duper fluorescent and the colour pay off is fantastic. You can lightly pat it on for a more muted look but I love to pile it on and give it it's full effect. It is a pink with orange undertones, so it comes off really bright and in your face. Though this shade probably wouldn't be for everyone, I personally love it and think I will get a lot of wear out of it. 

Milani Lipstick in Fruit Punch 
There is nothing much to say about this lipstick really, it's just the perfect pink for spring. It has a very classic lipstick finish, not glossy but not 100% matte either. The shade is not too vibrant, instead it just adds a tiny kick of colour to your normal lips. 

Maybelline Color Elixir in Fuchsia Flourish 
The Elixir Glosses are my absolute favourite and this pink shade is absolutely amazing for spring. They're so opaque that you don't need to wear any products underneath if you don't want to, for this particular shade I think it is best to let the gloss do all of the talking. The shade of pink is slightly more purple undertoned than the others in this post, which I think is really flattering on my skin tone. 

MAC Lipstick in Pink Pearl Pop
This is a creamsheen finish, so it applies well and doesn't feel at all heavy on the lips. Pink Pearl Pop is nice and subtle, much like the Revlon Lip Butters, so it is perfect for everyday wear. It adds a slight brightness to your lips without being overpowering. I love to simply pat this onto my lips and then apply a lip balm over the top to make my lips look naturally pink. You can also build it up for a more intense colour, which is really pretty as well. 

These are some of my favourite products to put on for a day out in the spring-time sun. What are yours? I'd love to know the types of colours other people like to wear during the warmer months. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon  

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig