Thursday 6 November 2014

Beauty Interview: The Chloe Look


This month we get to catch up with a new beautiful blogger from the internet! I was really excited to get in contact with Chloe because her blog, The Chloe Look, is one of my absolute favourites. Her posts are so informative and her photography is to die for. There is also an air of class in her writing which is not always found with 'teen bloggers' (I mean, she uses the word Bordeaux to describe lipstick colours, if that's not class I don't know what is). Right. I'll stop waffling and lets get into this. 

1. What is the first piece of makeup you remember owning?

There are two main ones for me - a Bratz 'phone' with about four lipglosses in. I was never bothered in the normal coloured ones, it was the blue lip gloss I liked the most! I also had a blue rollerball eyeshadow from Boots - I remember buying it because my Mum told me that the colour would compliment my eyes, although I never wore it. 

2. What is the number one beauty product on your wishlist at the moment? 

At the moment I've been on a bit of a spending ban - I've been trying to use up the products that I already have rather than buying more. One product I do really want is the new Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette - the shades look really useful for everyday wear.

3. How many different foundations do you own and which is your favourite? 

I'm not sure exactly but maybe around five? On the scale of things that's quite small, although I've been throwing the oldies away. My two favourites are the L'Oreal True Match and the Bourjois Healthy Mix - it's too close to call one favourite. True Match has the best shade selection, although the coverage and wear on the Healthy Mix is lovely. 

4. What is the type of beauty product you hoard the most? 

Lipsticks. I'm awful - I've got so many similar shades although it always seems 'worth it' because they're from different brands. The worst thing about my lipstick hoarding is that most days I wake up and can't be bothered to wear lipstick!

5. How many steps do you have in your morning skincare routine? How about your evening skincare routine? 

My morning skincare is absolutely awful if I'm being honest, I'm usually quite rushed so I usually wash my face with water, apply moisturiser and then apply my makeup. My skincare routine is slightly better - I'll take my makeup off with a hot cloth cleanser and sometimes my Clarisonic, followed by a toner and then some moisturiser. As I have combination skin I'll sometimes put an oil on my cheeks too, as that is where my face is most dry. 

Now onto a few quick fire this or that questions... 

1. MAC or Nars? Mac!
2. Rimmel or Revlon? Rimmel
3. Mascara or Concealer? Mascara - I have very light eyelashes so I look like a zombie without it!
4. Skincare or Haircare? Skincare.
5. Purifying mask or hydrating mask? Hydrating
6. High end or Drugstore? Drugstore - there are so many dupes out there that it's almost not worth buying high end, in my opinion. Why spend £22 on a mascara when you could get one for under £10?!
7. Blog or Vlog? Blog
8. Hair up or hair down? Hair down
9. Red or Pink Lipstick? Pink!
10. Highlight or Contour? Contour 

Thank you so much to Chloe for answering these questions for me, they were so well thought out and you can tell she actually put some time into it. Make sure you go check out Chloe's blog (HERE) and give her some love on Twitter (HERE). 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig