Tuesday 4 November 2014

Disappointing Products


I feel like a bit of a Debbie downer as I write this post but I also really enjoy reading them when other people do these kinds of post… so it’s happening anyway. I would like to think I’m pretty lucky with the fact that I do enough research into the things that I buy and I don’t often come across duds. That being said, when I’m feeling crazy and buy something blind, it doesn’t always end well. 

Formula 10.0.6 Down to the Pore
This product disappoints me the least because I didn’t have very high hopes to begin with. I’d tried Formula 10.0.6 products before and not been pleased but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and try these blackhead banishing pore strips. Needless to say, I wont be doing it again. They just didn’t do anything. It hurt so badly to remove the thing that I at least hoped my nose would be beautiful and clear but it was exactly the same as before I put myself through the pain.  

Josie Maran Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil
Of all these products, this is the one I use the most. That is my trying to tell you that it doesn’t totally suck. The thing about this is that it doesn’t live up to my expectations. On the cheeks it is hard to spread (felt like I was talking about crunchy peanut butter for a second there) and moves the foundation on my cheeks around. It’s also quite oily so when I use it I need to set it with another blush, which often leaves me with too much blush. On the lips it is quite nice though it isn’t as moisturising as I had hoped an oil would be, especially after it didn’t work too well on the cheeks. 

Gold Delicious Foundation for Hair
Admittedly this is my Mum’s product, not mine, but I think it deserves a mention anyway because of it’s hefty price tag and dismal results. My Mum suggested that I give this a go after it weighed down her short, fine hair and at first I was very excited about this. It is not often I get the chance I get to use my Mum’s expensive salon-bought products that even she saves for a special occasion. When I was going to a party the other week I massaged two pumps of this ‘luxurious style extender to define bouncing curls and for extra hold’ into my hair and found that it left large chunks feeling sticky and gross. After trying to brush, blow-dry and scrape it out I eventually had to give up and get in the shower to wash it out. This product has no instructions for usage on the back so I just had to go with my gut on how to apply it. It was so gross and not at all worth the price. The only upside is that it smells nice.  

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara
Upon entering my first CVS in America earlier in the year, the first thing I did was run to pick up this mascara. I’d heard glorious things, many of my favourite bloggers call this their favourite mascara and that was good enough for me. The first thing that shocked me when I went to put it on was the fact that it is actually dark grey in colour rather than black, the second was that it isn’t very good. It doesn’t do anything spectacular to my lashes. I personally like a lot of separation and length and it certainly didn’t do either. It clumped my lashes together so that they resemble four very thin eyelashes, left them looking stumpy and didn’t hold a curl for longer than five minutes. Even though it is called ‘volume express’ it doesn’t really do that either, leaving the clumps of lashes looking a bit sad really. 

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black
‘For precise lines, smudge-proof colour and easy application’, yeah right. Recently when I began to run out of my old classic Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner, I decided to mix it up a bit and pick up something new. I was tossing up between the L’Oreal, Eyeko and Stila liners because they’re all around the $30AU mark and I had heard good things. I expected the Eyeko one to be at least half decent when I received it in the post from an online order, but boy was I disappointed. It has a felt tip not unlike a marker and that is where it’s problems lie. 

I don’t know where they got the phrase ‘skinny’ from because if you want to get any product out of this thing you need to press it firmly at the base. This not only makes the line very thick but it also hurts if you try to do it on your actual eyelid. The product itself is jet black and seems very nice when heavily swatched on the hand but the colour doesn’t come off onto the eye because of the pressure needed to produce it. All in all, this was a total and utter waste of money because when I use it all I can get is a very thick, uneven grey line. I think I will go back my my Maybelline one now.  

Now lets hope that I don’t have to do another of these posts for a good three decades! 

Lots of Love, 


Shannon
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I really prefer the Falses or the Big Eyes mascara when it comes to Maybelline mascaras, wasn't a fan of the rocket either!

    http://fashionfixeshearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any other Maybelline mascaras since because the Rocket scared me off! I've been sticking with my good old Covergirl ones. Thanks for giving it a read xo

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig