Wednesday 4 February 2015

Starting A MAC Palette



I've taken the plunge and invested in a MAC Eyeshadow Palette. This is a big step for me. I have been eyeing up the MAC palettes for ages but I could never justify the $45 it would cost for just the case so I never bothered. As much as I love eyeshadow, I would never pay that much for eyeshadow packaging and then even more on top for each shadow. Thats when I had the idea to try shopping on the US site and getting it forwarded to me through a company. I had a little look and found that the case and insert pan came to US$10 ($13AUD) which is insanely cheap in comparison. 

I went on and made a rather large purchase as a birthday gift to myself. Part of this purchase was the palette, 15 pan insert and four eyeshadows. I decided to start with four shadows because I figured that it was a large enough number to cause me to reach for the palette (single eyeshadows are often left unused in my collection) but it wasn't so much that it would send me broke. The other benefit of building up the palette slowly is that I can really think through my colour purchases and only buy colours I will really use. Each of the shadow pans cost US$10, compared to the $26 I would have paid if I had have bought them on counter here in Aus. 

To start myself off I bought three colours I have heard lots about from the beauty community. I have All That Glitters, a beautiful shimmery light pink. Then I have Woodwinked which is a shimmery bronze colour. After that is Brown Script which is a matte orange toned brown. Finally there is Sketch which is a very dark purple with a slight shimmer. I won't go into reviewing these shadows here because I want to dedicate the post to the act of buying the palette but I'm loving them.

Using a shipping forwarding company was surprisingly easy and is definitely something I will be trying again. I used Shipito because I saw that Shaaanxo uses it and I figured that made it slightly more trustworthy. The whole process was really easy, I just signed up and gave them a $5 deposit that just sat in my account until the order arrived at the warehouse. They gave me an address to mail to and I used that when making my order. It actually took MAC longer to send the package to the warehouse than it did for me to get the package in Australia. I filled in that they should be expecting a package and also filled out a customs form with all of the products in the package. Then once it arrived in the warehouse Shipito took pictures of it and I approved that it could be sent to me, while also choosing my choice of shipping companies. I chose the DHL 2 - 4 day postage and it cost me $33 which I thought to be very reasonable because previous companies quoted me up to $60. The package arrived to me on the 4th day totally unharmed and packaged really well. 

All up, with shipping and everything, this order ended up costing me $100 less than it would have if I had have gone to a shop and bought it here. If that's not worth it I don't know what is. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig