Thursday 2 April 2015

A Brush Extravaganza


There has been three brushes that I have wanted ever since I picked up both my Real Techniques (post about them HERE) and Zoeva Rose Gold Sets (HERE), so I somehow convinced myself I needed 10 instead. In my defence, the new rose gold set is so pretty that I just couldn't resist and I WILL use the other brushes in the set even though I really only wanted one of them. I'm going to give you a quick run down of how I use each brush and my early impressions of them. 

104 Buffer
This is a nice large foundation brush that works to buff the foundation into the skin as quickly as possible. I just dot the foundation around my face with my fingers and then run the brush over the top in circular motions to buff it all in. This has a flat top and it's not as tightly packed as the Face Shape or the RT Buffing Brush so it is even faster to use and it feels really cool on the face. 

109 Luxe Face Paint

Actually, this is the brush I wanted originally, so I am very pleased to get it in my hot little hands. This is one of those rectangular-ish shaped contour brushes that is so hot right now. The bristles are tightly packed so that you can get a nice sharp line if it is desired or you can blend it out. I haven't tried this out terribly much yet because I'm honestly frightened of contouring but I think it will be a lot easier with a brush like this. 

126 Luxe Cheek Finish

A classic blush brush can never do you any wrong. It's not too large which I find can be a bit of an issue with some blush brushes. This makes it easy for me to apply blush only where I want it and reduces the risk of me accidentally getting it all over my nose. 

226 Smudger

This is a short bristled eye brush that can be used to smudge out eyeliner and add precise colour for a smoky eye. I personally find this the best to use under my eye, to apply eyeshadow quite precisely on my bottom lash line. It smudges the eyeshadow perfectly to give me that grungy look. 

228 Luxe Crease

This brush is basically the same as a brush that was included in the first rose gold set, it is a tapered brush to use in the crease of the eye. I like these brushes best to apply a colour in the outer v of the eye and then blend it into the crease because the tapered end and soft bristles make the whole process very easy. This is also the perfect brush if you want to try a cut crease but you're scared to go too hard core with it. 

234 Luxe Smoky Shader

A classic type of brush that I never had in my collection before, I am very glad to be adding a flat eyeshadow base brush to the family. This is just the perfect brush to pick up shadow and pack on the lid. I'm in love and I already want another one... oops! 

317 Wing Liner

Another one that featured in the first rose gold set, I am very happy to have another one of these brilliant winged liner brushes. Now I can keep one to use with powder and another to use with gel liners. 

322 Brow Line

Honestly, I haven't used this brush because I'm not really into using powders or pommades on my brows. Ain't nobody got time for that, I'm a pencil girl all the way. This seems as though it would be a perfectly adequate brow brush as it is very small and thin but the winged liner brush is thinner so I would be inclined to use that on my brows if I were to use one. This will probably just become a liner brush for me and I see it working very well. 


On top of that I picked up two other brushes that I have been wanting to try: 

I've seen Tati use these brushes all the time and they have always intrigued me so I decided to get one. I use this for highlight because it gives a really light application and can hit the top of the cheek bones perfectly. It has really soft bristles so it is a very enjoyable brush to use. 

I already have this brush from the original rose gold set but I wanted another one so that I can use them as often as possible. I use this for every eye look to blend colours into the crease and soften any harsh lines. If I use a purple or a very deep shade then I can't use anything else until I wash my brushes, so I have bought this one to keep relatively clean for more natural makeup looks. 

I think my brush collection is complete for a good while now, I have everything I would ever want! That being said, I would love to hear what your favourite brush is so please share in the comments below. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm slightly jealous of your Zoeva brushes. I have these on my wish list. : ) x

    ♥ Carly's Beauty World - UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty amazing! Definitely one for the wish list ;) xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig